Welcome! This blog was made to showcase the wonderful bunnies that I used to foster with my boyfriend Jack in Leeds. Now we have our own bunnies to look after; Bonnie and Winnie, so the blog will be about them and other bunny related stuff.

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Bunnies During Stressful Times

As some of you know I have recently finished winter exams. It was the first revision period I have had with the company of our little furry friends. I was a little apprehensive about having them during the exam season, not knowing if they would be a help or a hindrance. I am happy to say that they made it a wholly more enjoyable experience!

We are lucky in that we have been able to set out our flat so that we have a dedicated 'work zone'. Otherwise we may have had to go to the library to revise and would have seen much less of the bunnies.

It was nice just to say hi to the buns as we made our meals, or popped to the toilet. It is impossible not to smile when you see them!

During the 2/3 weeks we had two bunny deliveries. I admit that on those days it was a little hard to be motivated to work; who can resist new bunnies? But when we needed a break they were invaluable.

I don't think I felt truly stressed once. Occasionally I felt a bit panicked, but then I would go and sit with the buns for a bit and all of that would go away. And apparently this is proven: studies have shown that owning a pet can reduce stress levels.

So my advice if you are feeling the heat is to take some time out with a cute animal. Even looking at photos online could help! Of course, make sure you still plan your work effectively. I know I could easily have accidently spent hours with the bunnies and failed all of my exams!

Having a break with Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment